SEO, or search engine optimisation, means designing your website so that search engines
such as Google and Bing/Yahoo display it as high as possible in their list of websites that match someone's search criteria.
Nowadays, there are multiple factors that influence SEO. Some of the major ones are listed below.
- Website coding - We code each website in a search engine friendly way.
- Website content - You need high-quality, unique content (with good grammar) that contains the keywords in a natural way. We advise you how to write your content with SEO (and humans) in mind. If requested, we offer a copywriting service for a small additional charge. Note, however, that you will need to spend some time giving us information in order to make your site stand out as having unique content; thin, scraped content can negatively impact your site's performance.
- Domain name - We provide advice on domain name selection.
- Bounce rate - If a large percentage of people leave your site quickly, this tells Google that your site is EITHER not attractively designed OR that your content does not match the customer's query. A high bounce rate is thought to have a negative impact on your site. We design attractive, easy-to-navigate websites in order to reduce your bounce rate. We can also give you access your Google Analytics so that you can keep an eye on your bounce rate and update pages that perform badly.
- Fresh updated content - Wordpress websites enable you to update content frequently. They also enable new blog post summaries to be displayed on each page, thus naturally adding to a page's freshness.
- Website speed - Google knows that nobody likes waiting for slow websites.
- Inbuilt blog (Wordpress websites only) - high quality content that is shared by other websites is becoming very important in SEO.
For further information on on-page SEO, please click here.
- Backlinks, citations and customer reviews - We give you detailed instructions on how you can create your own backlinks and citations, and how you can request customer reviews, if you so choose. Note that this advice could save you from paying for VERY expensive SEO work (reputable companies often charge extremely expensive fees; poor ones generally either use spammy tactics that could get your site a massive penalty or else they charge you for ineffective and almost useless work).
- Social sharing buttons - Social signals are thought by many in the SEO world to be of increasing importance; having buttons on your site encourages people to share your content.
- Google+ - Google+ is Google's equivalent of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Forums all rolled into one; it is also - for obvious reasons - very important in SEO. We advise you how to create Google+ (and Bing) pages for your business.
For further information on off-page SEO, please click here.
Factors Outside of Our Control
- Website age - New sites are often held down for a period of months. Trusted backlinks pointing to a new site may, possibly, help reduce this period.
- Physical location - For local searches, the physical location of your business is VERY important.
- Searcher's location - Google factors in the searcher's physical location into its algorithms.